Easy Sugar Scrubs to Make at Home
We’ve got a sweet treat for you that’s high on indulgence and low on cost. In fact, you probably have just about everything you need in your kitchen!
Sugar scrubs are the perfect way to brighten your skin and leave it feeling silky smooth. Over time, dead skin cells build up, clogging pores and causing skin to look dull. Exfoliating on a regularly helps to get rid of these cells and excess dirt.
On a daily basis, our Clean Slate tea tree charcoal bar offers a mild exfoliation, but every now and then, your skin needs something deeper.
These sugar scrub recipes are super easy and cheap to make, and we know you’ll love using them. And they make great gifts!
Ingredients for sugar scrubs are very simple and can be adjusted according to your preference.
A sugar scrub consists of two basic ingredients - sugar and oil. Adding a fragrance is optional, but we recommend using high quality essential oils that won't irritate your skin, such as lavender, rosemary, cedar or rose. You can also use dried herbs. The kind of oil you use is up to you. Some good choices are olive, grapeseed, sweet almond, coconut, or avocado.
The type of sugar you use depends on whether you're making a body or lip scrub.
If you don't have essential oils, you can use dried herbs from your garden.
SUGAR SCRUB RECIPE
- 1 part sugar (use fine sugar for face and granulated or brown sugar for body)
- 2 parts oil (I used coconut oil, but you can use olive, grapeseed, sweet almond or avocado)
- 10-15 drops essential oil (optional)
- 1 TBSP dried herbs (optional)
- Air tight container
1. Add the sugar to a small dish.
2. Mix in the oil. If the scrub is too stiff, add more oil until it is your preferred consistency. It shouldn't be too runny or so stiff that you can't spread it on your skin.
3. OPTIONAL - add essential and/or dried herbs and mix.
4. Transfer to air tight container. Will last up to 30 days. **Use a spoon to dip out mixture for use. Introducing water may contaminate.